Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Hand of The Nazarene




The Hand of The Nazarene

I surrender, Oh God
Scatter me to the wind
But keep me from unbelief
And sin

Tear down my fences
And I’ll lift my eyes
Free to live
Not hemmed in by fear and lies

But where did I stumble?
I've been here before!
Old fences rebuilt
I’ll build them no more.

To roam familiar pastures
Or explore paths anew
Free at last!
God’s heart, by faith to pursue

The enemy is out there waiting
I’ll meet him, I know
But He who lives in me
Is mightier than my foe

I’d built a wall, all around
With a mural on it’s inside surface
And painting myself, into my picture
Was to me, my life’s purpose

A scary place
Is the world I now see
The wall I’d created
Is gone

I’m called to go out
And seek the lost
In this sadness where neither I
Nor they belong

Hard and cold
Or warm and soft hearted
The choice
Is mine to make

I think on my journey
Through this world
The hand of The Nazarene
I’ll take

Robert Palmer 8/23/17

Back To Main Menu